Facebook

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Ice cream, elephants and vacation

I think you'll find there is a healthy debate around how much rest you should take after running any ultra-marathon. I know that for me personally, it's all on feel and NOT by numbers. I've taken close to 2 weeks off now since finishing the Black Hills 100 and still don't feel the urge to run...which could be good or it could be bad.

On one hand, I feel like I've squandered this time in the cooler temperatures and allowed myself to eat poorly and let loose a little bit...ok, more than a little bit. Let's just say I've had more beer and ice cream in the past week than I have in the last year. Whatever...I kinda earned that sh*t.

Don't judge me...I'm on vacation!
On the other hand, I'm really just trying to enjoy this time with my family because (1) I need a break and (2) I'm on vacation dammit! I know that the next 3 weeks leading up to Leadville will be physically and mentally tough just because of the Arizona heat...it sucks the life (and motivation) right out of you.

So here's to the final days of vacation...while I feel like that elephant right now, I know what needs to be done to prepare for the Race Across the Sky...

No comments:

Post a Comment