Facebook

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Work-induced taper

I have not had a work week like this in a very long time. It's a good thing I don't work for a start-up because I don't think I'd make it. I just don't have the stamina to work 14-16 hours a day, every day and still be the person I want to be. Even my kids can tell that something's up.

While I'm frustrated that I let work completely dominate my life this week, it's been very rewarding and successful.After years of work and patience, one of the biggest projects I've ever worked on has launched - and launched successfully, I might add.

The bad news is that I used work as my excuse and let running slide - all on the guise that "I'm tapering". This isn't completely a bad thing but at the same time, it adds a little doubt and concern for this Saturday's race.

Am I worried that the Pass Mountain 50k is this Saturday and my longest run is 13 miles?
Yes.

Will I be able to walk on Sunday?
No.

Does it matter?
No.

I'm going to run 31 miles and have fun doing it.

1 comment: