Facebook

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Starting at square one

It has got to be one of the most frustrating elements of training for me - being sick. Going long distances, trying different nutrition...those are easy compared to getting sick and salvaging training after the body has been beat down with some sort of virus or infection.

This week's spotlight sickness - strep throat!! Awesome.

It's been about 4 days now on antibiotics - which means I'm feeling better but still have some lingering fatigue and muscle soreness.

There are about 6 weeks until my first race and I already know what to expect for it...pain. There is no way I can fulfill my marathon training in 6 weeks. If I push, I might be able to max out my long run at 20 miles...maybe. Either way, it's going to be a long 50k...

The only piece of awesomeness that has happened in the last week is that it looks like summer in Arizona is finally over. Daytime temps are under 100 and the evening/morning temps are back in the 70's (and yes, they're a bit chilly compared to the mid-80's I've been running in!)

I'm looking forward to some long morning runs in the cool Arizona desert. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment