Facebook

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Falling out of fit

It always amazes me the small amount of time it takes to fall out of shape. You work months and months to build up endurance and strength only to lose it within a matter of weeks.

We're now about a month out of completing the Leanhorse 100 and I feel like a big blob of crap. I've let myself rest (or at least, convinced myself it's rest under the guise of laziness...) and indulged in the things I stayed away from while training for 9 months.

This includes (but is not limited to):

  • Beer
  • Wine
  • Cigars
  • More beer
  • Ice cream
At this moment, the idea of running 100 miles again feels like an impossible task. I'm sore from a 7-mile run I did on Sunday....how in heaven's name would I run 100?!? Funny how perspective changes with just a few pounds and less focus.

Believe me, I'm not worried about it...this happens every year once I achieve my "A-race" goal. I let myself go a bit until I figure out the next big thing. This one is just taking a little longer...

I'll continue to run and cycle a bit but the mileage is definitely not what it once was.

I'm signed up to volunteer at a couple races here in the next couple months - I'm looking forward to that change of pace and a little running karma. I still don't know what the future holds for me...

...but I'm enjoying trying to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment