Facebook

Monday, May 14, 2012

Home again, home again...

I spent the last week in Florida attending our annual user conference. What a great time/distraction...

I was coming off a great weekend of running but also had optimistic expectations going into the week.

Yes, I knew it would be a 3-hour time difference.
Yes, I knew it would be hot and humid.
Yes, I knew that I would be staying up later than usual.

I ignored that for the first couple days and at least got in a few decent runs on Tuesday and Wednesday. By Thursday however, the lack of sleep, fatigue and humidity had gotten the best of me and I threw in the towel.

I knew that coming home would be even more challenging. I barely had the motivation or the balls to ask my wife to get up early again on Saturday morning so I could get in my long run for the weekend. So I didn't. C'mon...it's Mother's Day weekend.

Besides, my son had his final t-ball game and we had to go buy supplies to finish up my daughter's science project presentation. Not to mention that my wife and I were going out for dinner before I kicked her out of the house for her Mother's Day getaway at the JW Marriott at Desert Ridge.

It was nice to relax a bit and recover from the conference - my feet were toast!

It does worry me a little bit however that there are only 6 more weekends until the Black Hills 100(k). I feel good in comparison to where I was last year but, still 62 miles as a tad bit harder than 50 miles. I just want to make sure I don't die out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment