Facebook

Monday, July 5, 2010

Goodbye to The Hills

Today is our last day in South Dakota. I truly have enjoyed being back in my old stomping grounds to visit with friends while rediscovering the Black Hills through my training.

A big shout out goes to my buddy ToddG - I have trained by myself for such a long time now that I forget what it's like to have someone to chat with on bike rides or haul your ass out of bed on those "don't wanna" days. Thanks for the motivation and awesome trail runs!!

I was reviewing my training log last night and realized that I have only been swimming once since we've been here. Not good. On the other side of that coin however, I have taken full advantage of the elevation and hills the last couple weeks and am riding and running stronger than ever. For example, my last ride with Todd was a scorcher - now, we had almost perfect conditions that day so it's no surprised but still...

That previous ride was part of a brick that I decided to do the night before-hand. Realizing that there are many more weekends left before Lake Stevens 70.3, I added on a 6 mile run over the very same hills we just got done riding (ignore the splits, just look at the time - my Garmin freaked out halfway through so I only have a few splits and total time). Not a bad run if I do say so myself. I haven't seen anything under a 9-minute pace for quite some time.

So here ends a chapter of training that I must say I'm very very happy with.

Howling prairie winds....you can suck it.
Steep hills & elevation....kiss my ass.

I'm coming for you Lakes Steven's (and you too Mikel!).

No comments:

Post a Comment