Facebook

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Keep calm, run on

It's been a while since I've been out here so I figured I should share some of the things that have been going down since my last race report. I'll keep this brief since I know you could be reading something else.


  • Seems this is the season for epic storms at Arizona's finest races. OP50 was soon forgotten after the beating everyone took at Zane Grey. Hail, cold temperatures and mighty winds knock a good chunk of runners on their butts and reduced the 50 miler to a 50k. I was only on board to pace Greg (who finished the 50k) but it was a mess. One for the books to be sure...
  • I knocked May out by finishing the Hom 100 in just over 25 hours and raising about $10,000 for the ALS Association of Arizona. For Tony.
  • I had one of my highest mileage training months in a long time. 280 miles in the month of May.
  • The streak LIVES! I've run for 80 days straight. I don't know why. I have no real reason other than to see if I can...while it's been good for my endurance, I've had some IT issues flair up this past week that I'm 'rolling out'.
  • We're headed to San Diego this weekend to make sure Greg comes home with his first 100-mile buckle from the San Diego 100. Temps look like they're going to be great (maybe a little cold at night...by Arizona standards that is!) but I know he's going to do great. I mean, with Marc and I kicking his ass, he doesn't have a chance at failing.
  • I'm getting the itch to do something epic. Something that takes me out of my comfort zone (again). I don't know what that might be yet (I have no shortage of ideas though). We'll see what happens.
Have fun and be safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment