Facebook

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Goodbye to (road) running

Good news = the 2013 PF Chang Rock and Roll Marathon is in the bag (4:26-ish is fine with me)

Bad news = it is probably the last time I run that race.

Don't get me wrong, up until this year, I really enjoyed the venue. It felt like the support and aid stations had gone downhill this year. For someone paying $135 to run a marathon (I paid much less), I would expect more than water, Gatorade and a couple GU stations. There was no food at any of the aid stations!

I think I've been spoiled by trail/ultra running aid stations. You could have your last supper at a trail running aid station!

So aside from Ragnar next month, I am probably done with road running/races. If nothing else, I just can't afford the gear I need to split my time between the trails and the road...how's that for an excuse! :)

I'm looking forward to the San Tan Scramble (50k) in a couple weeks though. Aside from exacting a little revenge on the only race I DNF'ed last year, I'm looking forward to the new course that incorporates the Dynamite trail and replaces 3 ascents of Goldmine Mountain (who isn't!).

Looking forward to my first trail race of 2013...let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment