Facebook

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

When it rains, it pours

For the last couple of weeks, my schedule has looked like this:

Monday - off
Tuesday - Run 8 (or sleep in)
Wednesday - cycle
Thursday - off
Friday - Run 10 (or sleep in)
Saturday - sleep in (or recover from too much wine)
Sunday - sleep in

I've got a pretty bad case of the lazies...while I'm trying to get out at least once a week, even that is proving tough. I have the best intentions but this sleep thing beckons me back to my pillow if I get up too early. While the mornings are starting to cool down nicely, sunrise isn't until at least 6:15. This puts a serious damper on the duration of my workouts (my boy starts rustling around about at 6:30 and is ultimately up by 7). My wife usually works late so I hate asking her to get up early with him while I'm out frolicking on the trails.

I'll figure it out.

So I just signed up for Zane Grey yesterday. It's supposed to be the toughest 50-mile race in the US. We'll find out in April. As I marked this on my training calendar, I realized that I've already got quite a few things coming up and should probably get serious about logging some miles.

I committed to pace for the Javelina Jundred here in 3 weeks. I also just got asked to be on an ultra team for Ragnar Del Sol. Oh, and I'm signed up to run the PF Chang Marathon in January.

Damn. I got busy in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment