Facebook

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The desire to not suck (as a pacer)

So I'm pacing at the Javelina Jundred this weekend and I'm pretty excited about that. It's brought some of the mojo back just preparing for a night of running in the desert. More importantly, I'm on a mission to help Liz Braun complete her first 100-miler

It's kinda got the juices flowing once again and honestly forced me out on the trail to ensure I'm not ill-prepared. It would be very uncool if Liz (who has already gone 75 miles) is the one dragging my ass around the trail for another 25-30 miles.

Being the first time I've paced anyone, I can't help but be caught up in preparing for the actual run/walk. What will I eat? How will I get calories? Are the batteries in my headlamp charged? At the same time however, I know the more important thing is to ensure that my runner has everything she needs - distances, not getting lost, nutrition and encouragement just to name a few.

I get to meet Liz and Chris (BF) this Friday for dinner - we'll talk race strategy, pace and anything else that will help her get across that line. I have a feeling Ghostbusters will come up too :)

Gear...check. Headlamp...check. Nutrition...check. Not sucking as a pacer...TBD :)

No comments:

Post a Comment