Facebook

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

When you take something for granted

Let's face it. Travel sucks.

Even more so, travelling to a place where it rains all the time sucks more.

I'm in Redmond, WA for a few work days and the weather has been, well - not very summer-like. I don't mind the cool weather but it started raining Monday evening and just stopped morning.

Despite my unenthusiastic attitude, I did manage to get 2 hours on the treadmill yesterday. I hated it...but I did it.

This morning, I skipped my run to ensure I got packed in time and into work early to work on...well, work. I'm not very happy with my week of training knowing that the Black Hills 100(k) is now about 2 weeks out and I've yet to stay on pace with my long runs. I should be doing a 31-miler this weekend but even that is going to be challenging due to family events.

I've often complained about the Arizona heat and trying to train when it crosses into the 85-90 degree range....but now that I've spent a few rainy days in Seattle, I'm going to keep my mouth shut and do the work. As a fair-weather athlete, I've come to appreciate the ideal situation we have in Arizona - blue sky 95% of the time is not a bad gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment