Facebook

Thursday, November 3, 2011

7 random facts

One of the great things about blogging is that you realize there is this entirely different world out there of people who, just like you, are interested in the same things, who have the same aspirations and fears all mixed together.  They have families too and have to work really hard at accomplishing their personal and professional goals. I've met some amazing people out there.

One such fellow I "met" while training for Ironman Arizona. Jamie was balancing a family life and training just like I was - dealing with work, family and all the other things that come with dedicating yourself to completing an Ironman. He passed the proverbial torch on a little exercise where your followers get called out to post random facts about yourself. Jamie's are posted here and quite interesting :)

Read on for some nuggets about me!

  1. In high school, I lettered in Baseball and Drama. I played (second-string) short stop, third base and was the go-to pinch runner. I held the record for stolen bases and my nickname was 'Wheels'. Drama was an outlet for singing and dancing that I really enjoyed. I was a member of the International Thespian Society. I was Fin before Glee was cool.
  2. I have a massive sweet tooth. Candy, chocolate and anything sweet doesn't stand a chance when I come around. I don't gorge but it is a standard after-lunch or after-dinner treat.
  3. I have a Master's degree in Geological Engineering. I spent 8 years in college studying Geology and Geological Engineering at a small school in South Dakota that I don't use today. It is still a hobby but my professional life today doesn't have anything to do with geology or earth sciences.
  4. I have never had a major injury. Yep, I've gone my entire life without breaking a bone or having any serious injury that required surgery or a cast (knock on wood). Outside of a severe case of plantar faciitis, I've managed to avoid serious trauma and injury.
  5. My first triathlon was a 70.3 Ironman (2009). It corresponded to a family reunion near Boise and so I just went for it...it inspired my father to do his first triathlon at the age of 64.
  6. I am not musically inclined - at all. Sure, I can sing with a chorus (see #1) but solo gigs, playing musical instruments or shaking my money-maker is not something I could make a living at. They will not be asking me to headline at Caesar's Palace anytime soon.
  7. I am an Air Force brat. My brother and sister and I have been around the world during the 26 years my father was in the Air Force. We were stationed in South Carolina, Illinois, England, Idaho and finally in North Dakota where he retired as a Senior Master Sergeant.
To pass along the tradition, I'm calling out a few people I know read this occasionally:

No comments:

Post a Comment