Facebook

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Gettin' it together

For about the last 2 years, my world of endurance racing has taken me to new places and allowed me to accomplish amazing things that for the longest time, I only imagined were possible. Looking back on those couple years though, I may have been pushing myself through physical obstacles but I wasn't really making progress on several personal and family goals that had been lingering for some time. It's almost as if I were taking on new personal endurance challenges to avoid having to deal with these other things. I knew they needed to be done and I kick myself today for waiting so long to take care of them.

Of course hindsight being 20/20, I can honestly say that I was afraid of what I might find when I started peeling back the proverbial onion. Like facing any other problem, you have to know the extent of it first...and that can be a scary prospect.

Without going into too many details, I'll just say that we've made a lot of great progress on our personal goals. I have a much better feeling about where things are headed and what we've got a plan for our future. There is honestly nothing to be afraid of...and the longer you put it off, the harder it gets.

So holistically, both my mind and my body are in a much better place. I can rest easier knowing that I have a plan for both my personal and family's goals.

Updates on my personal 2012 goals coming soon. Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment