Facebook

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The blah-blahs

Ugh. The hot summer days and a general upheaval of our daily life has put most everything in a free-fall lately. I'm not sure if it's just the summer heat, the new schedule the kids have for school or the doctor saying to me, "yep, it looks like a strain of strep throat".

Needless to say it's been a tough week. Work combined with yet another salvo of antibiotics has only increased my desire to sleep in and put off training for another day. I've tried to force it but I've learned that these waves of  mojo-deficiency fluctuate just as life does around you. I just hope things bounce back soon. My first race is the end of October.

Granted, other things in life are going great - the kids love their new school, my (5-year-old) son is reading like a champ and my daughter is becoming more proficient on the iPad than I am (she's enrolled in an iClass at school where they use an iPad2 for almost every subject). I'm just finding it hard to stay motivated right now.

On a separate but related note, I've *finally* found a primary physician here in town I like and will be trying to address a few nagging issues I've had the last couple years - namely, my recurring ear infections and what I describe as my 'dead-leg'. My appointment is next week so I'll have an update then.

No comments:

Post a Comment