Facebook

Friday, June 24, 2011

3.1 miles per hour

The Black Hills 100 is tomorrow (me, I'm "just" doing 50 miles - those other folks are the real crazies!). I can honestly say it's going to be hard. Not just, woke-up-early-and-it's-hard-to-find-some-coffee-hard, but reaching down into the depths of your soul hard. Weather is projected to by mid-70's with a slight chance of thunderstorms just to make things interesting. I'm betting that running through the shade of the Black Hills is going to be absolutely beautiful.

As the fates would have it though, I've spent the last 2 weeks fighting a double ear and sinus infection. That took it's toll and literally forced the taper...ahem, run stoppage for about 10 days. Not exactly what I had in mind for a taper but I think it was for the best. The feet feel good and though I'm probably at 90% strength, I'm just going to go a give it my all.

Needless to say I've been resting, going to bed early and sleeping in a bit more than normal. Truth-be-told, getting up at 4 am tomorrow to head to the race is going to be a challenge (I almost said "hard", but that would be silly given my definition above).

50 miles. Most people don't even like driving 50 miles.

The time limit is 16 hours. That means I have to go at least 3.1 miles per hour to make the cut-off.

No problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment