Facebook

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Reinvention

I've been spending some time thinking about how to reinvent this blog to something that has more longevity and meaning relative to my overall lifestyle and not just about a singular event or training goal. This has proven to be more difficult than I expected.

The reality is that I like having discreet goals or events that ensure I'm training or moving towards a particular accomplishment. While I enjoy recreational running, cycling and swimming - today, I prefer to do them with a purpose. Fitness is secondary. Driving myself to do bigger and better things has been the trend.

I was never this 'crazy' as my neighbor-friends would call me. I enjoyed going for lunch-time runs, signing up for 5K's and a half marathon or two. It was running to be fit - cycling to nurse injury - running to participate - running to beat Candace (hopefully she reads this!). Over time though, those things you once did for the finisher's medal or for time became less important than the idea that both your body and mind can do so many incredible things. Achievement and success grow on you over time. Growth blossoms into a self-worth that makes anything possible.

So even as I write this, I'm still not sure how to define this reinvention. Let's start by capturing what I enjoy the most:
  1. Inspiring people to achieve a goal (hopefully fitness-related) they did not think was possible
  2. Encouraging people to lead a healthy lifestyle
  3. Trying new and adventurous endurance events
You might think that all I'm talking about is changing the title of this blog, but ideally, I want to 'reboot' the content of this blog to reflect my interests in the items above. Many folks have commented that the want to be active or do triathlons but just don't know where to start. Maybe I can change that. Maybe I can contribute instead of providing nauseating details of my last run.

Change is coming. Re-invigorated. Re-booted. Re-invented.

1 comment:

  1. Trevor, I totally understand. What I had initially created my blog for has come and gone...at least until I do IM Arizona again. You don't need to change the name....but change is good.

    ReplyDelete