Facebook

Friday, March 4, 2011

Nothing to do!

Well here we are, a week after Ragnar already and I'm starting to feel anxious and achy. I've been taking at least 5-7 days off after each major event to just let things settle. I haven't run since last Saturday.

Sunday I was tender.

Monday I felt some lingering aches.

Tuesday I felt 90%. But I know better than to push too soon.

The great news is that my recovery time seems to get quicker and quicker with each event/endurance race I do. I also seem to be eating more after each event too - not sure what's going on there but it doesn't seem to adversely impact anything.

For the first time in almost 2 years, I am not registered for a race/run/event/stupid distance. Oh there are things out there I plan on doing but for the time being, I'm going to rest. Of course I'll run casually to keep the juices flowing (and weight off - damn you mini Cadbury eggs!) but no "training" per se...

Besides, we have some family stuff coming up and a busy couple months with work will limit any formal training routine.

Know what though? I'm totally fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment