Facebook

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Make up yer damn mind

My body has been messin' with me this week. It really couldn't be at a worse time. I'm supposed to be in the final days of my training for the PF Chang's Marathon and the longest run I've done is 16 miles. I don't feel sick in the traditional sense but man am I tired. Lethargic. Pooped. My throat is dry, but not sore. My shoulders are tight, but not in pain. I'm going nuts trying to decide how hard to push my training.

I normally am very resolved to listening to my body and knowing when to back down from training - but sitting here at my desk looking out at the warm Arizona sun is making it very hard not to bust out and get in a quick run.

Though I would prefer NOT to be sick, I just wish my body would make up its damn mind.

1 comment:

  1. You could always come up here and run in the rain. You'd be sick by the end of your training run, and then you'd know for sure to take a break. =)

    ReplyDelete