Facebook

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Trevor is an Ironman - Now what?

That seems to be the universal question from both friends and family now that I've achieved what I wanted by finishing the Arizona Ironman. I can honestly say that I don't consider myself a triathlon 'junkie' by any means but I do enjoy the lifestyle and fitness that comes with participating in sporting events like these.

I don't know that I'll do a full Ironman again (those words may come back to haunt me!). My goal was to finish; time was secondary. Will I ever qualify for Kona? Do I want to qualify for Kona? I don't have the burning desire like some folks do...I'm ok with that. There are other priorities around the Davenport household that need attention.

I will say (as an out), that I know there are several key places I could take off my time. Could I come in under 13 hours? Definitely. Would I do a full Ironman again just to better my time? Perhaps. That seems to be how I roll.

For now, I envision my race schedule for 2011 will look something like this:

  1. PF Chang's RnR Marathon (full): January 16th
  2. Lake Steven's 70.3 Ironman: August
  3. Another 70.3 event
  4. Another 70.3 event
Here are some interesting stats about the race to close out this blog. I'm not sure if I'll be back again but if I am, I hope you'll all be there to support and cheer me on like you have over this last year. Thanks for your support and don't forget, "Anything is possible".

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
*all stats coutesy of RunTri.com*

Registered athletes = 2771
Started the race = 2361 (441 did not start)
Finished the race = 2217 (144 did not finish)
Average finish time for M35-39 = 12:46 (compared to my 13:03)
Kona qualifying time for M35-39 = 9:39

No comments:

Post a Comment