Facebook

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The winds of change

Today was my last bike ride until we return home on July 26. Our summer odyssey across the Midwest continues on Friday as we pack up the church-sized van and make the trip to Idaho for my family reunion starting on July 21. It will take us a few days to get there and I didn't want to deal with lugging my bike around any longer than is necessary. Besides, I'm not going to ride it while I'm in Idaho so I figured I might as well ship it home now.

In a way, I'm kind of disappointed about that because taking 10 days off from anything takes you backwards just enough that you have to work 2x more to get back to where you were. On the other hand, no bike forces me to get my running back on track - my longest run thus far has been a 10K. Not going to cut it for Lake Stevens on Aug. 15.

Oh, on a sad note...my Garmin Forerunner 305 is officially dead. One too drops has rendered it a very expensive stopwatch.

R.I.P. 305

1 comment:

  1. Get that run going my man!!! Enjoy Idaho. We were just in Boise last month, cool town.

    ReplyDelete