Facebook

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Silly putty

Overall it's been a good week for me and I'm happy with my progress.

For everything I've gained this week on my runs, I feel like I've gone downhill in the pool. I don't feel smooth any more - I think I just need to get back to doing drills once a week to continuously remind myself that good form and technique are no substitute for sheer will and power. I'm hoping that the lingering effects from my massage and weights yesterday are to blame...guess we'll see next week.

My run mileage has gone from sub-1 mile runs to 2.5 this week. They feel good but I think there is a slight problem with my Newtons. The right one does not seem to fit like the other and is therefore putting a ton of strain on my right calf...it feels like I have a wad of silly putty in my leg that won't go away. I'll report more on that later.

Long ride this weekend. Not sure if I want to keep the 50-miler or press myself into a 75...I'm taking tomorrow off completely so the likelihood of doing 75 miles on Saturday is pretty high.

No comments:

Post a Comment