Facebook

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Training and physics?

Sir Isaac Newton was the man. Think about all the different ways you can apply his third law of physics - "for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction"

After realizing I missed my cycling workout this morning, I laid in bed considering how Mr. Newton's law had crept up on me.

Wednesdays have become my long swim day coupled with 1.5 hours of cross-training and weights. I spent about 1.5 hours in the pool cranking out 3000 yards (or 2700 m for you metric fans). I had only planned on hitting the 2000 yard mark given that my long swim for the previous week was 1500 yards. Well, there happened to be this gal in the pool while I was there and funny things happen in your brain when there is a little competition (however made-up it might be).

Action, reaction.

Whether it was the idea of letting a girl out-swim me or feeling good and pushing myself to do 10 more laps...and then another 10 more...I did more than I expected Wednesday morning. About 1.7 miles just under 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Rounding out the day was an hour of weights and core exercises. This was cut short by issues we're having with my son and his recent unexplained disdain for the KidZone at the gym.

Action, reaction.

Carvor screams his head off. The gym staff comes to find me. We go home. UGH.

So this morning I was supposed to go cycling - didn't make it.

Action, reaction.
  1. (extra) Long swim + weights = I'm pretty sore.
  2. Slept through my 3 alarms = I didn't wake up until 5:30 (missed the workout window)
So today, props to Mr. Newton. Because of your stupid law, I'm sore, I overslept and missed my bike ride :)

Newton 1, Trevor 0

No comments:

Post a Comment