Facebook

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Damaged goods

If you've ever been in a car accident, you know that the aches and pains don't show up right away. The same thing goes for bike crashes as well.

Today, it feels like I got beat up. Kicked in the shin, put in a head lock by Rowdy Roddy Piper (yes, I know that dates me) and pressed my hand on the grill just a little too long.

! Graphic image warning !
Of course, there are all the things you can't see - the bruising to my shoulder, knee and quad along with the strain in my neck when my head smacked the ground (helmet is dented and scratched). Thanks goodness I'm going to the chiropractor today. Pain is only temporary.

Don't get me wrong, there is no pity party here. I took the morning off to sleep in a little bit (till 5:30) but I'll be jumping back in the pool this afternoon (or I might try a short run in my new shoes).

No pain no gain, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment