I know that I'm starting from scratch this year but that's OK. I feel pretty good (minus the extra weight) knowing what it takes to get back in shape and do the mileage. Mentally I'm ready to begin this year of training.
The weather is a tad bit chilly here in Gilbert, AZ right now but it's the perfect time to start building my base cycling and running.
My tentative race schedule for 2010 includes:
- Tempe International Tri (Olympic distance)
- Bismarck Tri (Olympic distance)*
- Lake Stevens, WA 70.3 (August)
- Branson, MO 70.3 (September)
- Arizona Ironman (November)
* The Bismarck Tri is a race I will do with my dad. I will write about that later...