Facebook

Monday, April 15, 2013

Off

I have not taken a weekend off from running in a while. I did not go into the weekend with that intention but that's how it worked out.

I'm still struggling with knowing the difference between illness and allergies. There are times when I wake up in the morning and feel like I'm coming down with something (like this weekend). Erring on the side of keeping myself healthy, I opted to skip my long run(s) and sneak them in at a later date (if that's possible). Even this morning I bailed on my run because (a) I was excessively tired and (b) I just felt off.

On the bright side, it's great to get up on the weekend and have a full day to hang with the kids and contribute to the housework, shopping and cleaning (something I know my wife would say I don't do on a regular basis).

Also, I'm travelling to Las Vegas this week for work - yes, yes...someone has to do it :)

Not the greatest place to be a couple weeks out from Zane Grey but I plan to behave, eat well and shy away from the booze (mostly).

I don't want to gamble (ba-dat-da..get it?) with my health so close to this race. It's already going to be tough enough without any sort of ailments.

No comments:

Post a Comment