Facebook

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Shutting down 2012

Sometimes the best way to appreciate the future is to really look back and reflect on the past. This has a little bit more meaning for me this year now that I'll be entering that +40 age bracket :-) There are so many things about last year that I did not think I could do...but I did. Each year I always like taking a walk down memory lane but I also hope my accomplishments inspire others to take that leap and do something they didn't think was possible.

"Don't take the free ride in your own life"

My races for 2012 included:

  • PF Chang Marathon
  • Coldwater Rumble 50k
  • SanTan Scramble 50k (DNF)
  • Mesquite Canyon 50k
  • Black Hills 100(K)
  • Leanhorse 100 M
  • Javelina Jundred (paced 30 M)
By no means is this a huge race schedule for the year but it all culminated with running 100 miles at the Leanhorse in Hill City, SD.

I still can't get used to saying that. People still look at me like I'm f*cked in the head too.

It's awesome.


Even better, my total mileage for the year will end up being right around 1,600 miles with just over 76,500' of elevation gain. That's equivalent to climbing Mt. Everest just over 2.5 times.

How much time does that take? Just over 263 hours of training.
How many calories did I burn? Around 185,000.

Having done all that, I'm excited for what this next year holds. I don't intend to take 40 lying down.

I plan to be on my feet.
And it's going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment