Facebook

Monday, August 13, 2012

And now, the taper

Next time I ever say, "Hey, let's sign up for a race in August." - just shoot me. Worst. Idea. Ever.

But here we are - 2 weeks out from the Leanhorse 100 and I'm feeling anxious. Good, but anxious.

My attitude and mileage had been trending down prior to this weekend but I was able to spend a day in Payson, AZ on Saturday with a group of other runners to run the Mogollon Rim (part of the Mogollon Monster 100).

Beautiful mountainous views. Check.

Difficult yet scenic single-track trails. Check.

Awesomely cool weather. Check.

Here are some pictures for you to enjoy while I begin my taper.

Barbershop Canyon switchbacks

Forest Service road 321 (life is good)

Barbershop trail foliage

Beautiful view from Rim Road

Climbing to Rim Road

Stream in Barbershop Canyon

Descending from Rim Road to Washington Park

Barbershop Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment