Facebook

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Funky town

[queue cheesy disco music]

I'm not sure what it's going to take to get out of this funk I'm in lately. I've been reading other blogs and it seems like everyone is having a love/hate relationship with running right now. The summer heat must make our deep dark nastiness bubble to the surface or something.

I honestly just don't want to run right now. I blame part of it on the antibiotics I'm still on but who can say. I know that if I don't however, I'll continue this downward spiral of gluttony and ill-will toward my Garmin.

I think what is compounding my frustration is the recent switch over I made to my trail shoes again. They're supposed to have a special groove for the plantar facia but honestly, I think my insoles combined with the 'groove' actually push up on my arch more than my Newtons. This causes some pretty tough arch pain usually about midpoint through my recent 'trail' (e.g., gravel path) runs. Usually some walking and light stretching works it out but it still nags at me...

I've got a few more days of antibiotics left to choke down and so we'll see how that impacts my overall mental and physical attitude toward the end of the week. Hopefully we'll be able to get down to business again.

No comments:

Post a Comment