Facebook

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Gaining strength

It's been a good week so far and I have kept up with my schedule. I am wrapping up this week with a 2.5 hour trail run tomorrow which should put me close to 45 miles for the week. This is up about 30% over last week and I've cut out a day from my schedule. I've decided to only run 4 days a week. Last week was just a good reminder that there is only so much time during the week. Training 5 days a week was just too much if I actually want to keep a cheery disposition and not have my wife and children hate me.

The cool part about this week is that even with less running, I feel stronger than ever. I was dreading my long run yesterday (planned for 16 miles) only because it's been so long since I've run that distance. Turns out, even while lugging 2 liters of water on my back (trying to run more with the Camelbak), I managed to keep a pretty good pace (1 L = 1 kg = 2.2 lbs, by the way). I cut this run down to 14 miles due to my 2-hour time limit (have to be home before the kids get up!) but I felt like I could have done the other two miles if I'd had the time.

This morning, my calves are a bit tight but otherwise I feel great. I'm looking forward to hitting the trails tomorrow at dawn. Mornings are perfect right now in the desert and I can't wait to climb some hills.

Blog ya later...

No comments:

Post a Comment