Facebook

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Aches and pains

When the body talks, I listen.

It has been a pretty tough couple of training weeks. Mileage, mileage, mileage. The distances keep getting longer and fatigue is definitely becoming an obstacle. Not only does it cause a mental and motivational barrier, it also manifests itself as aches and pains no matter how much stretching and icing you do.

Old age? Nah, I don't buy that.

The constant pounding of the body is only something time can heal. Right now, I just need some time to heal.

I'm not doubled over in pain or have anything I would consider serious but yesterday after my run, I had a strange feeling (notice I didn't say pain) around my right knee. I'd put money on it just being some swelling around my kneecap but swelling of any kind around a major joint is never something you just want to ignore.

After a bit of stretching, icing and electro-stimulation it felt a bit better. It still lingers in my mind knowing that a mere 10 miles can bring about this weirdness in my knee. I plan to watch it carefully over the next week, reduce my run mileage and have the chiropractor take a peek at it for me.

Update to follow later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment