Facebook

Monday, February 15, 2010

My words...

First, let me start by saying that plantar faciitis will ALWAYS suck. It's something that never goes away completely. Standing/walking in dress shoes for 4 days at our company conference did not treat my feet well. Welcome back pain.

I've spent the last 1.5 weeks making things right with my arches. Rolling (thanks Thera-Band!) and icing up to 3 times a day is not only time consuming but just plain frustrating. The good news is that they are starting to feel better and I'm sure I'll be back running here in another week or so.

This post is mainly dedicated to 'The Words' I needed to find - words of strength, inspiration and acceptance. Every book you read tells you to find words that you mentally carry with you during the race. In my case, I've been needing these words just to get me into a schedule and mindset to kick-start my training. Here they go -

  1. Make Time
  2. Patience
  3. Perseverance
It's important to make the time for the things that are important in life - not just training but family time, kid time. I need to be patient with my progress - expecting results too quickly just leads to frustration and self-loathing. I considered my last word to be 'dedication' but it's so overused - to persevere is more inclusive of the qualities needed to succeed. Strength, confidence and toughness are all rolled up into that word - you keep at it, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment