Facebook

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Guilt(y)

I have to believe that everyone who undertakes this journey for doing an Ironman comes face-to-face with the reality that:
  1. It's not easy
  2. It requires sacrifice (from everyone)
  3. You make do with what you have
For the last month, I have struggled with training on multiple fronts. As previously blogged, the flare-up of my plantar faciitis has been a pain in the ass and prevented me from really making progress on rebuilding my running base. At the same time, it's been a convenient excuse that masks the underlying issues I've been grappling with.

While I feel good that I've at least identified the underlying issue, the real challenge is figuring out how to face and move past it.

So what's the issue?

GUILT

::: over spending time away from my wife and kids
::: over not dedicating enough time to work and the people that rely on me

Like I said, the good news is that I know what the problem is. Step #2 is figuring out a balance with these people who are impacted the most so that there is no nagging mental guilt over my path ahead.

I want to succeed. I will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment